Skip to main content

Praising in the Storm

Some of you might find this hard to believe, but there is never a dull moment in our house. Rarely do my children nap at the same time. Meals are full of gagging (and I'm not a bad cook...just picky eaters). My kids even talk in their sleep. All of them. So life presents many challenges on a daily basis.
This morning I had to restrain Abigail, who stayed home from preschool because she has had fever. Being the daddy's girl that she has become, she insisted on being near him all day. ALL day. He had to go out to his car for a major conference call and when she finally figured out where he had gone, she tried to sneak past me and out the door to him. When I caught her, one would have thought I was carrying a chainsaw in a horror film. She screamed, kicked, hollered, cried. I might even upset her more than seeing Ronald McDonald. All I could do was hold her and speak calmly. But through the fit, I was just glad she can throw one.
Wade discovered today that accidents happen. He was riding his 4-wheeler and while going fast as it can go, he leaned over to pick me a flower. He lost control and flipped the thing over. I just happened to decide to go to the front bathroom and when I looked out the front door, my heart dropped to my feet as I saw my baby boy standing there screaming and crying beside an overturned 4-wheeler. I ran as fast as I could get to him (and I could actually breathe when I reached him.) I looked him over and hugged him over and over. He was scared and very upset, but physically he was okay. It barely touched one leg. All I could say at first was "God was with you." He immediately said, "God, thank you for letting me live." I was saying all kinds of praises and thank you's as well. We both may not be able to move tomorrow, but I will still praise God for his protection of Wade.
In light of the wreck, we read Psalms 91 tonight. It is the Scripture I pray for my kids. Kaydence has heard it many times since birth. Talk about a storm. Each day I thank God for her life. She is the sweetest soul, and by far, the calmest in our little family. Some people may wonder how I can be thankful in a situation that isn't ideal. My answer is, "isn't every child a blessing?" Why would I not be thankful? I have come to know a much deeper love than I ever imagined. I have seen God in a different way. I have seen myself very differently. We all have storms each day, but giving God thanks for them is only right. Just like grass can't grow without rain, we cannot grow without stormy times either. I encourage everyone to find the reasons to give praise and thanks to God each day. There is always a lesson to be learned and blessing through those storms we experience.

Comments

  1. Travelling is the best thing for enjoyment. Use luton meet and greet parking service to make your trip more relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very hard to explain the nature of the storm. luton meet and greet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get ahead of crowd and practice the things to make life easy.
    gatwick meet and greet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Are We About To Do Now?

First of all, I made a note to myself after talking with some friends, that I am going to blog more now. Why now? Where have I been all this time? When I went back to teaching, it kind of wiped out my energy and thinking ability! That has all changed now as I am staying home again.Why did we make the decision for me to stay home again? God just opens doors and shuts them, and this time He told me to shut the teaching door and focus on my family. So that is what I am doing.

This next weekend, we will embark on a new adventure with Kaydence Grace. After seeing some amazing things from a fellow CMV mother about her daughter's intensive therapy program, I decided to ask questions. She told me how wonderful a job the Kennedy Krieger Institute had done with her daughter. I figured what did we have to lose in taking Kaydence across the country for therapy? Nothing. We have nothing to lose (except funds, but hey, we will pay them to someone regardless!) The clinic decided that the best pl…

Oh the Places the Neylands Go

Today was our appointment at the Kennedy Krieger Institute. All I can say is WOW! What an amazing place! But before we get to the details of that appointment, I would like to first share some of the journey here to Baltimore.

We left out on Saturday morning. We stopped in Memphis, Tennessee, and took the kids to Beale Street. While there we ate at the most Memphis kind of place...The Pig. What is better than pulled pork in Memphis? In this bar-diner atmosphere blaring the Blues, I figured we were really in for it as Kaydence Grace is not a fan of loud places. Turns out the kid likes the Blues. Hard core, did not even plug her ears, likes the Blues kid! I can work with this. We made sure to ride in a cheesy horse-drawn Cinderella carriage for Abigail. Abigail's Memphis observation: Why does everyone in the city want money? Homelessness and begging has been a little hard to explain to our small-town kids.

Sunday we traveled on to Knoxville, home of the Tennessee Vols. It is also hom…

Smiles Today

Last week was a busy week. Wade had a district baseball tournament. It was hoooootttt. Three days in a row at 5:30 PM, on a hot July afternoon is not cool (as in "cool man" and in temperature.) The first two days we were on the dugout and fan side facing the setting sun. I purchased Kona Ice from my beautiful friend Karey, and poor Kaydence Grace sucked them down and was just laying there, sizzling like bacon in a frying pan. I was sweating so profusely that Abigail made sure to tell me how bad I smelled. I was so exhausted I think that I am still catching up. By Wednesday night, I left Kaydence to stay with her Aunt Jenni so at least she wouldn't suffer another night.

Also on Wednesday, I turned 40. Forty years old. I don't feel 40. Well, I did after the late afternoon heat three days in a row, but I'm trying to process what 40 is supposed to be. I commented on Facebook how thankful I actually am to be another year older, because so many do not make it to that a…