Skip to main content

Kaydence Has a Lot of Heart

Yes, as noted by the title, Kaydence has a big heart...already. Not too big, but it measures a little bigger than what Dr. E thinks it should be. I just think it is a sign of the kind of person she will be! Yesterday we traveled to Dallas to see our wonderful doctors, and the sonogram for her measurements went great! Kaydence still has no calcifications on her brain and no more than the few original specks are on her liver. Dr. M was very optimistic and basically said he doesn't see any more signs of viral damage. Thanks be to God! Her brain and body all are measuring where they should be so I am very confident that we will not see any brain damage in Kaydence. But Dr. M did get concerned looking at her heart, so he referred us to Dr. E, one of the sweetest and most genuine doctors I have ever met.

I bet she looked at images of Kaydence's heart for 45 minutes at least. She told us the day of the amniocentesis that there was a hole between the ventricles, but it was midsized and would probably shrink a little as time goes by. Yesterday, Dr. E was a little more concerned because that hasn't happened yet. The blood was flowing through the aortic valve a little faster than it maybe should. This raises concern that her artery may develop a narrowing and cause issues later. I personally believe that God can fix this so I'm just going to pray specifically about it.

The best part is that the doctor was really trying to downplay it all. She said it wasn't severe enough that surgery would be required immediately upon birth, but it may be required anywhere from 4-6 months of age. Personally, I am doing okay with this as a little over a month ago, another doctor told us not to expect Kaydence to even take her first breath! But I also am going to pray that God continues to heal her heart now. The doctor also confirmed that she wants Kaydence to be born in Dallas (at Baylor) so that was good because we've been wondering how all of that will go down. I have been concerned that if I have Kaydence in Palestine that she will need to be care flighted to a hospital with a NICU and I would be stuck in Palestine away from her, so now that worry has been taken away.

God has answered prayer after prayer lately and I want to make sure I listen to His voice. Last week as I visited with my pastor, we opened up the Bible and there was a verse that spoke loudly to me in Psalms 87:5 that God himself will establish her. Yes, I know that the passage was actually referring to Jerusalem, but I feel that God was letting me know that He is taking care of Kaydence Grace and establishing her. No matter what happens, I know God is with us and He is working on her. I take great comfort in that. When we knock the dust off of our Bibles, we can see what He really wants to say to us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kaydence is turning 3!

I realize it's been forever since I've written here, but life is so busy! I felt the urge to write this, because, let's be honest, there is no way Facebook will let me post a status this long. Kaydence turns 3 in a matter of minutes. She will probably be 3 years old by the time I get through writing this post. Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant with her and feeling like I wanted to just wake up from a bad dream. Today, she is turning into a sweet little girl. Where do I even start? I guess I'll start with a word of thanksgiving that God has blessed me with such a treasure. I still don't understand why He would choose me to care for a child like Kaydence Grace. I'm really unworthy of any blessings, yet He chose me for her and her for me. She melts me every single day. You see, I'm still the same sinner I was when I started this blog. I'm not perfect, but He washes away my sins anyway. I'm so thankful. The sins chang

When Your Heart is Full

Today was the perfect spring day. The weather warmed up. The clouds cleared away leaving sunshine to warm your skin while the green grass feels cool beneath your toes. That is what I hope the day is like when I pass from this earth to be in the presence of my Heavenly Father, much like one of my very best friends did today. Life can be so cruel in that so many days it is just full of the best times, and then at the end you are left fighting the struggles of age. Yet so many blessing happen at all points of life, and the final victory is in that eternal life as a believer in Christ. I have known for a while now, that my grandma's life on earth was drawing to an end and for many days I have spent remembering so many great days spent with her. Her house was my absolute favorite place to be and it was easy to be there because we lived just across the pasture. She was my neighbor and I took full advantage of it. I can only slightly remember one incident when I was small that I was not

Every Day with Jesus is Sweeter than the Day Before

Today started off okay, then went about as south as it can get, but ended up one of the best days EVER! I went home yesterday and boy, homecomings are sweet these days! It doesn't get much better than little arms being so excited to wrap around your neck. As I drove in to my parents' house, there was sweet little Abigail jumping and waving at me. Of course my mother had her out "helping" her in the yard. Then today I got to wake up with my kids. It used to be such a chore to get up in the mornings, and I have to admit that physically I am still very exhausted, but waking up to my kids is a blessed feeling each day now. I was even excited to go to Dr. Blackwell's office today. I carried him, his nurses, and Cheryl strawberries from the Berry Patch in Fairfield. My cousin owns it and I must say the berries are super sweet and awesome. Yes, this is a quick commercial for him! My day was made when Dr. Blackwell thanked me for the berries and I told him they were a t